Tuesday, April 10, 2012

ArtBeat - April 6th

Ok. So, this was the first event of the year. I honestly had a CRAZY day. I traveled for almost 8 hours to come back to Las Vegas and be ready for the ArtBeat (it would have been nice if I could have bought a ticket at least one day before the event so I wouldn't be so tired, but plane tickets around Easter are SO expensive and Good Friday was they only day prices weren't so bad .... oh well!).

I was so excited (even when I didn't show it too much because I was so tired) to meet all the new vendors. I must say we are going to have fun. There are a lot of new people with tons of energy and fun personalities. WELCOME  to all the new ladies and gentlemen that joined us!!!

We were expecting more people, but I guess being Good Friday didn't help. At least some of the vendors did really well. Regina was an example of success during the night. She made good sales. She has been vending at this event since last year. Regina is an amazing person. And that's why she is the featured craft artist of the week. Let's see what she has to say.

Regina, please tell us about yourself.
I was born and raised in Munich, Germany. Married since 1992. We moved to the States in 2007. I work at Joann's Fabric and Craft Store as a supervisor in the fabric department.
What do you make? 
I make stuffed animals, baby blankets and much more.
Where can we look for your items? 
I have an online shop on Etsy: stuffimalcreation.etsy.com
Apart from creating things, what do you do? 
Square Dancing
Where does your inspiration come from?
 I always liked to sew and make things since I was a kid.
What does handmade mean to you?
Something that is original, not mass production. Every thing I make is one of a kind.
Who has been most influential in your craft? 
Just the love for handmade things.



The ArtBeat had amazing vendors. Unique handmade items were available at this event. Check this pics out :)















No comments:

Post a Comment