Sunday, April 15, 2012

ArtBeat - April 13th

OMG! This was a very wet event. We were missing a lot of our vendors but the ones that showed up had a few sales even though we didn't have a lot of people coming. I can say we had fun anyways and just enjoyed ourselves under the rain. I want to thank the vendors that were there no matter what. You guys rock!!!

This week our featured craft artist is Michele Phillips. Let me tell you, she is an amazing woman. She's full of energy and so friendly. She makes amazing bath and body products. I bought a banana lip gloss and it's just amazing. It smells and tastes so good. LOVE it!!! We interviewed her and here is what she said:

Tell us a bit about your self.
I'm  Michele Phillips. I'm a mom of 3 and the owner of the 3 home bases business.
After spending twenty years in the construction industry, I felt the downturn after the real state boom came to a crashing halt. Now with a lot more free time on my hands and looking for something to do, something that finally serve my creative outlets, I started making lotion for my self. And with  bit of encouragement from my friends, I decide to make my own skin care products using simple ingredients without all the chemical fillers you find in the supermarkets. Enchanting Origins was born.

This year I added EO Wholesale which is a whole sale company that helps other people start their own line of bath and body products. I make the products and sell them for others to fragrance and bottle.

Recently, I added Enchanting Imagination which is a company that was created specifically for our kids to share their creative talents. They have been there all along watching us grow the business and wanted to try it also. They have really enjoyed this new venture and are working hard on their creations. They create jewelry, hair accessories and artwork.

What do you make? Do you have an online shop? 
I make bath and body products. Yes, I have a shop online www.Enchanting Origins.com
The other company is jewelry, hair accessories and artwork created by the kids www.EnchantingImagination.com

Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I work full time at my home based business. I am also busy raising an amazing family. We have 3 kids. We are always attending sporting events with our kids. They are all very athletic and involved in activities.

Where does your inspiration comes from?
My inspiration comes from all around. I am always trying to make my products better. I am also always trying to create products that help people feel better about themselves and put a smile on their face.

What does handmade mean to you?
Taking the time to create all the products with gentle ingredients so I know exactly what I am using for my family and myself. It feels like a sense of accomplishment to create lotions, creams, etc.

Who has been most influential in your craft?
My sister Terri has been the most influential. She has encouraged me and supported me through the whole process from day one. She is the one that told me I needed to do this. She is an amazing woman and has never let me quit.

Michele shared some pics of her products. Check them out. 

Enchanting Origins 






Enchanting Imagination 




Here are a few of pics of some of my brave vendors that showed up :)

Tim is a great guy. Bought a cool bracelet :) 

Michele and her kids. I love having them at the ArtBeat.




Jennifer makes pretty hats. Love her baby items! 

No comments:

Post a Comment