Monday, October 17, 2011

ArtBeat - October 14th

Well, this event was fun :) ... I had the opportunity to talk to Pat Martinez, the owner and creator of awesome jewelry. She was the star of the night making great sales. You can find her jewelry at www.rockmybeads.etsy.com or you can come next Friday, October 21st,  to our last event of the season and look at her jewelry in person.

Also, we had a new vendor. Her name is Sierra Nicole and she makes amazing items. She makes a little bit of everything. Her booth was full of great stuff. So, I thought it would be nice to get to know her a little bit more and here is what she said.

Tell us a bit about yourself…
I’m Sierra Nicole, grew up in Utah, graduated from SUU (Southern Utah University) in May with a degree in Advertising and graphic design. I’ve been making things my whole life and I’ll never stop!
What do you make?
I make necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelet, watches, bags, wallets and other fabric accessories, home deco items, baby items…etc.
Where can we find your items?
Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I have two toddlers, a boy and a girl. I just moved here in July, so I’m exploring the Valley everyday.
Where does your inspiration come from?
My grandparents played a large part in my creativity and they both use their hands a lot. My grandpa is a jewelry maker and my grandma sews and is thrifty, so it’s in my blood. I love to just pick some beads, some fabric, a pattern or a piece of art I like and use it to fuel a new idea. Anything can spur an idea!!
What does handmade means to you?
Putting your heart into your hands and creating something new to share.

Who has been most influential in your craft?
It has to be my grandparents and my mom. My mom taught me how to sew and I just kept going. My dad has never stopped encouraging me either. And my husband, he’s the best supporter I could ever have!






Here are the rest of the  pics for this night.
****************














No comments:

Post a Comment