Monday, October 10, 2011

ArtBeat - October 7th

Since I had another event at the same time, my awesome and supportive husband did the ArtBeat for me and was in charge of the vendors check-in table. He said he had a good time talking to our featured craft artist for this event. Her name is Amy McCray. Let’s get to know her a little more better. Here is what she said.
Please, tell us a bit about your self.
I’m a recent transplant from Kentucky by way of Michigan. I’ve been making handmade since I was eight years old.
What do you make?
I make basket woven ornaments and baskets of course!
Where can we find your items?
I  have an online shop on Etsy. 
Check it out: www.ajfire27.etsy.com 
Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I’m a full time MPA (master’s) student and work part time at the Clark County Museum. I’m also the V.P. of the Clark County Museum Guild a nonprofit organization that supports the Museum.
What does your inspiration come from?
I find a lot of inspiration from other basket wavers from all over the world and just make their design ideas my own. The basket ornaments seem to come from everywhere and nowhere. I just see something and think I can totally make that with reed!
What does handmade mean to you?
Anything made with thought and love. The gift of handmade is the best gift you can give.
Who has been most influential in your craft?
On this particular craft of basket weaving the most influential person has been the woman who taught me to make my first basket just four years ago.



Also, here are some of the pics my hubby took of the other vendors. 






Please, share this blog with your friends and family and we are hopping to see you on the next event on October 14th. The concert is FREE. We’ll have a FREE craft for the kids, face painting and awesome craft artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment