Tuesday, October 23, 2012

ArtBeat - Oct. 19th, 2012

Time flies! This last month and a half went by too fast. And to close the ArtBeat Season, we had Tommy Tutone performing that night. He sang the hit "867-5309/Jenny" and much more.

We hope next season will be a hit and that lots of people will come spend their Friday night with us. We got lots of feedback from vendors and people that attended the events and we'll be working to making things better.

As always, we picked some vendors that were part of the event to be the ArtBeat featured craft artists. First, we have Norine Centofante. She makes amazing primitive dolls. Her work is unique and super cool! Here is what she shared with us:

Tell us a bit about your self.
I'm retired, since 1998 and began collecting vintage fabrics and making handmade items to sell online and in boutiques.

What do you make? 
I make primitive grunge dolls and quilted handbags. 

Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I golf, bike, ride, hang out with my wonderful husband, play with my beautiful granddaughter Adelina. Sell on Ebay for my friend Kelkel Klozet - High End Clothing and craft with girlfriends.

Where does your inspiration comes from?
My walks and my friends.

What does handmade means to you?
Made with my own two hands. Not mass produced.

Who has been most influential in your crafts?
Tin Burton


Our last featured craft artist of the season is Carissa Halbmaier. She makes the cutest baby items! The baby girl onesies are super cute. Let's get to know her a bit better :)

Tell us a bit about your self.
I moved from Iowa to Nevada last year to go to school and nanny for my sister and her husband's new baby. Shomewhere along the line, I started making diaper covers and loved it so much. I decided to expand. I opened an Etsy shop and sell at Arm Nannies in Town Square. 

What do you make? And you have an online shop?
I do have an online shop! barrelandaheap.etsy.com 
I make diaper covers, baby toys, bibs, quilts, pacifier clips, fun onesies, hand stamped muslin blankets, burp cloths, children's aprons, pillow covers and more to come!

Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I nanny 3 days a week, work on my bachelor's degree, blog at carissacarissa.typepad.com and do other super nerdy things. 

Where does your inspiration comes from?
My niece, outside, my family, everywhere I look!

What does handmade means to you?
Love, craftsmanship, care, quality.

Who has been most influential in your crafts?
My grandmas both crafted their entire lives and the more I think about what they created, the more I want to create. 



I didn't take good photos this time. Sorry about that {embarrassed}. The worst thing is that I took quite a lot of photos and only a few came out ok. I promise next time I will do better. Here are the lucky vendors who were in those "ok" photos.
















I really hope to see you next year at one or all the ArtBeat events! I will keep you posted with the new dates. See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment